Strategic Planning AnalystApril 4, 2022
Summary of Position
As Houston's premier community developer, Friendswood Development Company ("FDC") has grown from setting our sights on greatness to setting the standards for community development. Through our leadership and innovation, we've created some of the Houston area's most successful and most livable environments. Our communities are designed to become home for families today and generations to come.
Friendswood Development Company is a subsidiary of Lennar Corporation, a Fortune 500 full service homebuilding, land development and financial services company. Other Lennar companies in Houston include Village Builders Homes, Lennar Homes and Lennar Title Company.
The Strategic Planning Analyst is a position designed to work directly with the VP Land Acquisition, Acquisition Managers, and Controller as a part of the acquisition department to manage all 3rd party purchase and sale contracts and transactions, land and lot sales revenue projections and corporate cash requirement reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all lot sales and lot purchase contracts, corporate cash requirement reporting and revenue projecting, 3rd party lot purchase and lot sales transactions.
- Organize lot purchase and lot sale schedules for each active contract
- Prepare agreements and amendments for both lots and commercial land
- Compile annual, quarterly, and monthly land and lot sales revenue projections
- Coordinate with title companies and 3rd party developers and builders to prepare deed packages, review closing documents, and obtain authorized signatures for timely closings
- Analyze title commitments
- Initiate wire requests to corporate Treasury Department for timely lot purchases
- Assist with the preparation of corporate investment packages and land sale approval packages
- Maintain the corporate cash requirements database
- Establish monthly cash call requirements from contract database and homebuilding’s lot transfer requests
- Update plat maps and lot database monthly to reflect current ownership status
- Interact with Starts Coordinators regarding monthly lot transfer requests and forward-looking starts projections
- Prepare market research, lot sales and pricing projections
- Participate in special projects on an as needed basis
Education and Experience Requirement
Education: Bachelors in Finance or Accounting
Certifications: None required
Other: Well organized
Strong working knowledge of Excel
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Passion for real estate and residential community development
You will be directed to Lennar’s website, our parent company, for electronic application here.