Posted onDec 20, 2021
Summary of PositionAn Entitlements Manager at Friendswood Development Company assists with all aspects of vetting and acquiring new land opportunities, land entitlements, and mentoring land analysts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule meetings with engineering, environmental, legal, financial, and operating consultants regarding new land opportunities.
- Coordinate with various land owners.
- Assist land analysts with building financial models for the development of new communities.
- Train and mentor land analysts on various aspects of land development engineering, including water, sanitary sewer, and drainage facilities and functions.
- Create and track contractual and development schedules/deadlines for new acquisitions.
- Assist in all aspects of land entitlements, including easement acquisitions, creation and activation of Municipal Utility Districts, review of development and utility agreements, review of drainage reports, review of surveys and land titles, etc.
- Coordinate with various governmental entities (Cities, Utility Districts, Counties, Flood Control Districts, Texas legislators, Precinct commissioners, etc.)
- Ensures smooth transition of new acquisitions to the development team
Education and Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree civil engineering or related field
- Prior experience designing and planning civil infrastructure
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Proficiency with current computer programs and technology
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, outside agencies, business partners, consultants, and homeowners
- Professional Engineering licensure (PE) certification or qualification
- 3-10 years of experience in the residential real estate development industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Default proactive mindset
- Humble – willingness to learn from others
- Takes personal ownership over the outcome of responsibilities entrusted
- Strong desire to become an effective leader
- Strong desire to mentor others
- Actively participates in and pursues networking opportunities
- Maintains focus on key contractual and development deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
You will be directed to Lennar’s website, our parent company, for electronic application here.