Land Development ManagerDecember 20, 2021
Summary of Position
As a Land Development Manager, you will lead multi-disciplinary teams of consultants and contractors to develop award-winning residential real estate communities throughout the greater Houston area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning and vision of land development projects.
- Initiate and facilitate communication between engineering, architectural, legal, financial, and environmental consultants and contractors.
- Review and analyze construction plans and contract documents.
- Maintain schedules and budget/cost accountability with all co-workers, consultants, and contractors on multiple projects.
- Lead the timely and accurate planning, design, construction, and final acceptance of all community infrastructure - including, but not limited to - roads, water, sanitary sewer, and drainage utilities, water and sanitary sewer plant facilities, detention ponds and lakes, electric power, gas, fiber optic, and telecommunication utilities, parks, community swimming pools, greenbelt walking trails, monuments, landscaping projects, etc.)
- Initiate and lead meetings with various governmental agencies, including local city, county, and state officials, utility districts, homeowner associations, etc.
- Initiate the timely submittal, approval, and closing of bond application reports.
- Establish relationships with municipal inspectors and governing authority representatives and be able to resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region.
- Responsible for SWPPP compliance of the projects and coordination with the Division Environmental Manager.
- Assist in management control functions including schedules, cost/budget controls, budget reconciliation, development cost and monitoring compliance.
- Review consultant and contractor invoicing and change orders for approval.
Education and Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Real Estate Development, Urban Planning, or related field
- Candidate will need to be a licensed professional engineer or have the qualifications to become one while employed at Lennar
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record required
- 4+ years experience in land development design and/or civil site construction
- Must be able to read, understand and evaluate civil engineering / development plans
- Excellent written, oral, organizational and math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, outside agencies, business partners, consultants, contractors, and homeowners
- Ability to perform, in a professional manner, multiple detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Computer literate with ability to work with Microsoft Office.
You will be directed to Lennar’s website, our parent company, for electronic application here.