Posted onNov 11, 2020
Summary of PositionA Project Manager will lead multi-disciplinary teams of consultants and contractors to develop award-winning residential real estate communities throughout the greater Houston area.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the planning and vision of all development activities.
• Create and hold parties accountable to the development schedule for all design and construction activities for project-related work.
• Steward the budget for the design and development of multi-million dollar communities.
• Review and analyze engineering and architectural construction plans and contract documents.
• Coordinate with engineering, architectural, legal, financial, and environmental consultants.
• Coordinate the planning, design and construction of all community infrastructure (roads, utilities, water and sanitary sewer facilities, electric power, gas, telecommunication utilities, etc.)
• Coordinate the planning, design, and construction of all community amenities (recreation centers, swimming pools, monuments, landscaping, parks, playgrounds, greenbelt walking trails)
• Function as the liaison between Friendswood Development Company and various governmental agencies, including local city, county, and state officials, utility districts, homeowner associations, etc.
• Initiate bond application reports and submittals, and follow through with bond sales and recoveries
Education and Experience Requirement
Professional Engineering licensure (PE) certification
3-10 years of experience in the residential real estate development industry
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Default proactive mindset
Humble – willingness to learn from others
Takes personal ownership over the outcome of responsibilities entrusted
Strong desire to become an effective leader
Actively participates in and pursues continuing education opportunities.
Our work environment is highly collaborative. The Project Manager is expected to participate in all planning stages during the development process and effectively implement the plan. This role requires working in the Friendswood Development office, working remotely from job sites, and meeting at consultants’ and governmental officials’ offices.
This is primarily an active position which requires the Project Manager to have the ability to work in excess of eight hours a day, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds. The Project Manager must be able to operate computer equipment, see, speak and hear. Finger dexterity is required to operate an iPad and phone. Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.