Posted onJul 25, 2018
Summary of PositionThe Acquisitions Manager will work directly with the division president, acquisition team, and land development team on new project acquisition and planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek and secure raw development tracts and finished home site positions.
- Intimately know market and players in a specific zone of the city.
- Cold call land owners.
- Maintain strong Broker network.
- Review and screen land submittals.
- Negotiate purchase agreements.
- Analyze title commitments.
- Coordinate and review Phase I Environmental Site Assessments.
- Understand and present the drainage, water and sewer issues on potential development tracts.
- Research and present municipal utility district options for potential development tracts.
- Work with acquisition analysts on cash flow analysis of development tracts.
- Prepare market research to support proposed development tracts.
- Represent Friendswood Development Company at preliminary land owner meetings.
Education and Experience Requirement
5 to 10 years of successful experience in brokering commercial or residential real estate land transactions or a strong background in residential community design, planning, and land acquisitions. Will consider other significant real estate experience.
Bachelors in Engineering, Environmental Design/Land Planning, Finance, or Accounting. MBA preferred.
None required. Real Estate Salesman or Brokers license a positive.
- Well organized
- History of successful selling and marketing experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in community development.
- Desire to stay in the Houston market long term.
Contact Sawyer Blackburn – Sawyer.email@example.com